Saturday, April 28, 2012

never ending debate

we can't agree on any names.  

like, none.  

he has some favorites, as do i, but they aren't the same favorites.

before we discuss names, we have to set some ground rules so things stay friendly.  

we don't discuss it often, but today we took the plunge.

since we don't know the sex of the baby, we have to make two sets of names.  while discussing boy names, i mentioned oscar, but immediately took it back.

children chanting 'oscar the gough' on a playground flashed through my mind.  

we laughed pretty hard and slashed through one more name that won't make the cut.

but, our bags are packed and we know how to install the car seat.  that counts for something, right?

2 comments:

Angelavon said...

haha...that's so funny! glad you thought of that! aaron and i could never agree on asher's name. i finally gave in because aaron's favorite name grew on me. i hate the battle of the names!!!

ivyjeanne said...

We were the SAME way. With both kids. We had totally different lists. I never thought we'd come to a consensus. It seriously made me so stressed out. It all feels so personal too. This last time Pierce grew on me and I never ever thought it would. Shane loved it but didn't think I ever could. Now I do.

Good luck! And I applaud you for keeping it a surprise. Not sure I ever could. But it's a cool concept. ;)