Step 1: Pick up the trash with the Gopher. Look how easy it is! You don't have to bend over!
Step 2: Put trash in bag. No need to dirty your hands by touching the item!
Step 3: Dispose of the trash bag in the proper receptacle and feel good about the difference you've made!In simplified and cheesified terms, that was my Sunday afternoon. There is an elderly woman in our neighborhood who I see picking up trash each morning when I walk to the trolley station. After seeing that for weeks, it got me thinking, if she can do it, why can't I? Maybe I should have a little neighborhood pride, too. Heaven knows there is plenty of trash to pick up in my neck of the woods. Aaron and I take a Sunday afternoon walk each week anyway, so I might as well do something useful while walking. That is how we came to own "The Gopher". I guess it is on an informercial, so the packaging is super cheesey and features good ol' Billy Mays. It's actually pretty handy and made it nice because I didn't have to touch the garbage. Our walk was a little awkward at first because all the people we passed stared like we were crazy (apparently they don't have community pride, like us), but we got the hang of it. Poor Aaron is such a great sport for humoring me with all my wacky ideas! While we were walking, I asked him if this is what he thought married life would be like and he said, "Not quite".
2 comments:
That is so funny. Aaron looks like he's in a mentos commercial! Imagine what could happen if we all had some neighborhood pride...
That is hilarious! I think I need one of those! I have the same problem. I constantly think that I should pick up the trash that I see on my block and I never do. You are a good example! I need to take Asher out there to help me. He is much lower to the ground anyways.
Post a Comment